TRAVEL MANAGER For Immediate Hire
Insider Expeditions is a boutique travel company that creates and delivers customized travel programs for our partners and clients worldwide. We specialize in working with young professional groups, university groups, alumni associations, membership institutions, and communities of adventurers that want to get off the beaten path and enjoy exceptional and educational travel experiences.
About the Role:
The Travel Manager is an integral leadership position within the Insider Expeditions team. This role will lead research, design, and execution of exceptional travel programs to destinations around the world. This position will work directly with international trip operators, clients, faculty, and speakers to deliver inspired travel experiences from concept through production. Additionally, this role will manage traveler communications and customer service.
Candidates must be motivated, hard-working, and organized self-starters! Attributes we look for are keen attention to detail, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, trustworthiness, positivity, and a passion for inspired international travel. This position will report directly to the Senior Travel Program Director.
Requirements: Minimum 3 – 5 years in event planning, travel planning, or related fields. Foreign language competency a plus.
Compensation: Full-time position. Commensurate with work experience.
Please note: all Insider employees are currently operating virtually in response to COVID-19 safety protocols.
Research and Plan International Travel Programs
- Research destinations and travel options as necessary and keep track of findings and comparisons.
- Create potential trip itineraries and updated itinerary iterations for both groups and individuals.
- Develop relationships with local suppliers and partners, request detailed and creative destination options with pricing, and manage correspondence.
- Coordinate logistics with local operators, flight providers, and other vendors, including completing required paperwork and communicating on client updates.
Communications and Customer Service
- Communicate with customers and clients by phone, email, and in person. Provide an outstanding travel experience from initial trip inquiry to post-trip evaluation—meeting challenges with a smile and sense of adventure!
- Support in the development of bespoke traveler email campaigns.
- Assemble and update cultural content for travelers, such as information packets, reading lists, destinations brochures, etc.
Streamline and Maintain Fluid Operations
- Manage trip budgets and updated marketing and traveler materials.
- Create and manage traveler agreement forms.
- Create and analyze post-trip evaluation forms.
- Search for opportunities and implement improvements to company workflow.
- Other leadership support for senior team (e.g. creating presentations for industry conferences, preparing agendas for and attending partner leadership meetings, etc.).
- Function as Tour Manager and Insider Expeditions representative.
- Liaise between local partners and client representatives, stay in close touch with their managers when abroad.
- Be available to program participants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, when a program is in session.
- Provide for the safety and well-being of its program participants in a consistent and predictable way for the wellbeing of travelers and to limit Insider Expedition’s legal liabilities.
- Produce post trip summary of activities and finances.
Perks: Learn about destinations such as Antarctica, Bhutan, China, Cuba, Germany, Iceland, Morocco, Peru, Chile, and across the US. Gain mentorship from—and work closely with—executive leadership of IE, including the founder and CEO, as an important player of a nimble, successful and growing operation. Cultivate an understanding around the history, trends, and future of the tourism industry. Involves international travel opportunities.
Equal Opportunity: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and two references (including contact information) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Trip Director Position. We hope to hear from you!