Based in New York City, the Client Services Coordinator is the principal point of contact for sophisticated travelers, coordinating their arrangements on an array of high-end domestic and international small-group programs, and regularly interfaces with institutional representatives. Reporting to a Client Services staff member, this customer service and sales representative is an essential member of a dynamic team whose common goal is to create the very best travel experience for our travelers and sponsors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide professional and polished customer service to potential and current travelers over the phone and through email; take inquiries and respond to customer needs, gather information and research, and deliver detailed and personalized materials in a timely manner.
- Cultivate and follow up with interested travelers and prospects, including suggesting and implementing marketing initiatives to fill our predesigned small-group programs.
- Project manage 1-4 program departures per month working collaboratively with internal staff and across departments to organize logistics for each program and traveler.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for individuals; including invoicing, data entry, mailings, insurance, visa applications, and flight plans.
- Liaise with travel partners and sponsor representatives regarding enrollment, important traveler correspondence, tour materials, and other issues that arise.
- Diligently follow up on payments and missing traveler information.
- Proficiently use and maximize our CRM database, ViaTour (a Microsoft Access database), Google’s G Suite, and Microsoft Word/Excel, to fulfill your above responsibilities.
- Occasionally accompany groups in the field as a Junior Tour Director.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passion for customer service, attention to detail, superb organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including active listening, editing, and proofing.
- Comfort on the phone.
- Self-motivated, team-player, problem-solver, relationship builder with the ability to address immediate and high-tension customer service requests.
- This position balances speed with accuracy, administration/data entry with personable customer service, and requires the ability to handle several concurrent projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, interest in Liberal/Fine Arts strongly desired.
- Enthusiasm for technology, education, culture, and travel.
- Project management or customer service experience preferred.
- Previous experience in sales, account management, nonprofits, or museums a plus.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package (Medical/Dental/Disability/Tax-deferred retirement savings plan).
Send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’d like to work for Arrangements Abroad in the Client Services position to jobs at arrangementsabroad dot com, with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Current references will be required in the final round. If your qualifications meet our needs we will contact you, and in addition, retain your resume on file for 90 days. Only local candidates will be considered at this time. Arrangements Abroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We look forward to learning what you can bring to our team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 to $38,000.00 /year