The Expedition Specialist assumes responsibility for sales and coordinating travel programs, handling client correspondences, and bringing new ideas to the company
- Handle sales inquiries from potential clients, for retail group tours, FITs and Three Camel Lodge trips, employing travel expertise and consultative selling skills across all Nomadic Expeditions destinations.
- Oversee sales from initial inquiry to clients return from the trip.
- Ability to develop new and innovative group itineraries for our wholesale market while also creating customized itineraries tailored specifically to suit an FIT client.
- Professionally interact with clients at all times.
- Liaison with overseas Ground Operators to obtain costing, confirm all tour logistics and services.
- Manage existing clients by providing superb consultation and trip planning assistance, as well as client pre-departure customer services.
- Assist with existing relationships with partner organizations by assisting with program planning, coordination, and implementation.
- Trip-Preparation Book – coordinate with overseas Ground Operator to update/modify relevant content for each country/departure.
- General office projects, as needed.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Energetic self-starter with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and able to anticipate deadlines, take ownership and learn quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong passion for client satisfaction.
- Willingness and commitment to “getting the job done”.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced office environment.
- Knowledge of the destinations we feature is desirable. Currently the list includes Mongolia, Tibet, Bhutan, Nepal, China and Siberia. Willingness and strong interest to learn is necessary.
Education & Work Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Education minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Nomadic Expeditions is proud to offer health, dental, and 401K benefits.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Info@nomadicexpediitons.com. In the subject line please say Three Camel Lodge.
About Nomadic Expeditions
Nomadic Expeditions is an award-winning tour operator with offices in the United States and Ulaanbaatar. We design small group journeys and customized private trips to Mongolia, Bhutan, Siberia, Tibet, Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and India. Our immersive journeys are intended for adventure-minded travelers who seek authentic experiences. Sustainability has been at the forefront of our operations since the very beginning and we have partnered with locals and nonprofits to protect and preserve the environment, wildlife, and indigenous cultures in the many destinations in which we operate. In addition, Nomadic Expeditions also built, owns, and operates Three Camel Lodge in Mongolia’s Gobi Desert. This award-winning eco-lodge is a founding member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World and has been named to Condé Nast Traveller’s Gold List.