ABOUT THE ROLE
This position requires a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills, and ability to multi-task with the highest level of efficiencies in a fast-paced sales and service environment. The Group Sales Coordinator’s role is to close sales, provide exceptional guest service and sales support to the company’s group business. This individual must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to understand and manage sales agreement terms, effectively manage bookings and maintain/develop professional relationships with group partners. This individual will be interacting and coordinating with the Travel Partners from various organizations as well as with the Lindblad Sales, Marketing, Operations, Reservations and Inventory Control teams.
- Serve as the primary contact for inside group sales and service for all organizations including university alumni/donor, museums, conservation, membership, travel agency groups plus other non- traditional niche markets.
- Manage group space reservation blocks per the terms of the contract.
- Prioritize and respond to all booking requests.
- Reconcile incoming payments with group invoices, and coordinate commission payments with accounting.
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure proper distribution of all pre/final and post travel documentation.
- Manage guest manifests, information forms, flight questionnaires, medical forms, credit card forms, and other pertinent documentation required to complete bookings and service guests.
- Review and understand the terms of the group brochure for reach organizations prior to promotion.
- Participate in reservation/operations pre-marketing briefings as needed.
- Participate in pre-trip briefings with faculty leaders and travel partner for each organization as needed.
- Liaise with the group travel coordinator and the Lindblad operations and staffing teams to plan and execute the group experience onboard
- Manage all incoming calls and email communication and respond in timely manner
- Handle and resolve conflicts or guests service issues by recommending and /or providing alternative solutions
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Group travel experience and knowledge of expedition travel or applicable geographic regions and cultures preferred
- Positive attitude and a will to succeed independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Office, specifically Office and Excel
- Occasional participation at sales events will be required as needed
For more information and to apply click here.