Holbrook Travel is an experienced provider of educational, natural history, and specialty travel programs to groups and individuals. Major channels of distribution include educational institutions, nature and birding organizations, alumni associations, and a wide array of special interest and affinity groups.
Our primary areas of expertise are Central and South America, Africa, and Polar Regions. Countries such as Costa Rica, Belize, Chile, Ecuador and the Galápagos Islands, Peru, Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa are some of the places in which we create our own programs through direct negotiation. Holbrook also owns and operates Selva Verde Lodge and Private Reserve in Costa Rica.
The ideal candidate would be passionate about educational travel and hold a strong belief in the value of travel for experiential learning. Candidates could come from a variety of backgrounds; teaching, travel, non-profit, development, and natural resources. Experience with educational travel, being technologically savvy, able to travel, and have ties to educational communities – these are all important ingredients.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The position on our Sales consulting team requires a broad range of skills and an organized and motivated individual. Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well within in a team environment. Experience in a commercial Sales environment, Marketing background, international travel experience, science background are considered a huge plus for applicants.
Position is Home-based or in our Gainesville, Florida office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Sales to Travel planners and leaders from organizational partners
- Networking in Education, Museum, and Alumni communities and other affinity organizations
- Client Account Management
- Developing and presenting proposals and working with internal departments to deliver high quality, impactful programs
Required Skills, Knowledge, Must Haves and Experience of “A” Player:
- Travel experience (Latin America, East Africa, other points that Holbrook offers)
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong interest in a selling role
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Initiative, self-starter, willing to build client portfolio
- Contacts and/or network in client communities a plus
- Enthusiasm, desire to connect with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational/Time Management Skills: Job may require working on multiple concurrent accounts and processes.
- Must be able to keep work organized to meet deadlines.
- Supporting the cultivation of leads and building relationships within the mission and structure of the company
- Support and influence the processes for client management efficiency and data management
- Building and nurturing relationships with colleagues in the office and our international network
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, CRM systems.
- Salary: Base salary commensurate with experience, plus structured commission plan
- Benefits package: 50% health insurance premiums covered first and second year of employment for employee, 75% the third year, then 100% after completing 3 full years
- Dental coverage, which includes 2 cleanings per year, x-rays, and additional benefits for more extensive procedures
- Other benefits including company 401K and travel opportunities
Send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’d like to work for Holbrook Travel in the Educational Travel Consultant position to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Current references will be required in the final round. If your qualifications meet our needs we will contact you, and in addition, retain your resume on file for 90 days. Holbrook Travel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We look forward to learning what you can bring to our team!