Two national carriers serve Montgomery’s Regional Airport (MGM): Delta Airlines & American Airlines. One regional carrier serves MGM: Via Air. More about MGM’s air service is here.
Check out roundtrip airfares from all points in the USA to MGM January 28th – January 31st. (Low $290 – High $571 as of July 13, 2018)
Subsidies for airfare, up to $200, are available to Travel Planners – generously provided by the Montgomery Convention and Visitors Bureau!
DETAILS ABOUT AIRFARE SUBSIDIES FOR TRAVEL PLANNERS
The Montgomery CVB will provide a subsidy up to $200 for flights over $600, limited to best-available fares on days traveled. Examples: if a flight costs $850, the CVB will reimburse travel planners $200. If a flight costs $675 the CVB will reimburse travel planners $75.
- Flights must be booked no later than 60 days before the start of the 2019 Conference.
- Travel planners must submit a proposed flight itinerary and cost in advance of booking via email to ETC.
- Confirmation of the reimbursement allowed amount will be sent via email to the travel planner.
- Flights can be booked after receiving confirmation of allowed amount.
- After booking, travel planners must provide a valid receipt of air travel and the exact name/address of individual or institution to receive the reimbursement via email to ETC.
- Reimbursement will be sent to address provided.
• Most MGM flights connect through Atlanta or Dallas • Nonstop flights to MGM available from Dallas, Orlando, Charlotte & Washington DC •
• A connecting flight from ATL to MGM is less than 30 minutes • The drive from Atlanta to Montgomery is under 2 hours • Hotel self-parking is modestly priced at $16/day •
Upon arrival, it takes just 30 minutes to deplane, pick up baggage and transfer to the hotel.
COST-SAVING AIRPORT SHUTTLE AT MGM
A More Than Tours shared shuttle (20 passenger van) is available for roundtrip (MGM to Hotel/Hotel to MGM) transfers. Must be pre-booked and the cost is $20.00 round trip per person. Transfer time from airport to hotel is just twenty minutes one way. Online booking reservations link forthcoming.
FLYING INTO ATLANTA?
And for those taking a few days pre-conference to do some touring, check out the Alabama Department of Tourism’s suggested multi-city Fly-Drive Itinerary.