|Following the successful launch of the 2018 Destinations Deep Dive Pre-Conference program, now by popular demand a full day main conference program track in 2019 sharpens the focus on knowledge-sharing (not sales) about domestic and international destinations, geo/political reviews and updates as well as new places to take your travelers. This programming is designed in response to planners’ and operators’ expressed interest in staying current on destination-specific information in order to answer questions from their travelers or internal staff about destination choices, innovate current programs, and glean insights on overall volatility around the globe. Diversity not unity balances out these robust discussions with all conference constituencies sharing perspectives and challenges to world views from a variety of destinations realities and trip-specific situations.
Slash your product development costs and innovate one-of-a-kind programs by attending this global track – or sending one of your product development specialists!
Who’s it for:
This series of three one-hour sessions is designed for travel planners and product development professionals looking to grow their destination-specific product knowledge and expand their networks in the field. If you’re looking to learn from an insider’s perspective on tips to develop unique programs for the educational travel market, and/or glean knowledge about global destinations in real time, then these sessions will deliver for you.
With over 30+ countries represented at ETC’s Signature Conference, a mix of discussion leaders including guest experts, planners, operators and destinations will be sharing destination-specific information (not sales!) for the educational travel niche across four regions of the world, as well as sharing responses to institution management’s inquiries and/or pushback on destination selection, hot destinations, cutting edge programming, sustainability issues, and safety and security issues globally. A robust agenda features a power burst of featured short sessions touching on traveler and destination trends, bucket list destinations for the affinity market, as well as unclear and present dangers amid global threats. The third session features the immensely popular Ignite session on Destinations Soon to be on Your Travelers’ Radar as well as innovative travel partnerships leading the next decade in creative collaborations. Ample time for crowdsourced briefings with product development professionals in the US and abroad encourages relevant and more in-depth knowledge sharing.
Whether you design your own programs, buy stock programs from an operator, or operate somewhere in between, walk away with actionable insights to innovate the educational experiences for your travelers across the globe.
What travel planners will get:
- Deep dive on geo/political intel, updates on new sites, activities and events around the world, hot destinations, plus innovative creative programming ideas
- Actionable tips and briefing sheets on geo/political resources, competitive programming and sustainability threats
- Knowledge-sharing opportunities to grow your program with possibilities and potential and enhance your outreach to potential travelers
The return on your time:
In this one stop shop global destination focus covering the globe, you’ll:
- Elevate your understanding of where your program can be more competitive and unique in terms of destinations selected and tour offered
- Benefit from educational travel destination expertise that you won’t find at other conference venues
- Network informally with colleagues across the nonprofit sector tasked with designing brand specific tours to distinguish their programs from competitors and to include hot destinations that entice new audiences to their program
- Learn how to access programming resources, marketing and web funding often available from destinations to counteract budget cuts
What DOS (destinations, operators, suppliers) product development professionals will get:
- A full day of destination discussions, including: a deep dive on geo/political intel, new sites, activities and events around the world, and innovative creative programming ideas
- Case studies on partnerships between destinations, suppliers, operators, and planners that cut program development costs and yielded outstanding results
- Opportunities to workshop creative and unique itineraries with the destinations and suppliers who can help you deliver them
The return on your investment:
In this one stop shop for product development, you’ll:
- Eliminate the need for multiple research trips by finding out what’s new and gaining an expertise on multiple destinations around the globe
- Learn how to access programming resources and funding available from destinations and DMCs
- Benefit from educational travel expertise that you won’t find at other industry venues
- Elevate your understanding of where your educational travel itineraries can be more unique in terms of destinations selected and focus offered
- Evolve your products to become more competitive and aligned with the educated traveler trends