Did You Know?
Check out these remarkable facts about peru.
- Peru is comprised of three major regions: the coast, Andean highlands, and Amazon rainforest.
- The city of Cuzco is higher in altitude (11,200 feet above sea level) than Machu Picchu (8,040 feet above sea level).
- Most North American travelers visit Peru between May and November to experience Peru’s ancient archaeological sites, legendary wildlife and adventure experiences.
- Caral, four hours north of Lima, is the oldest city in the Americas and serves as the third oldest civilization in the world.
- Peru is known internationally for its great cuisine – the country has been recognized by the World Travel Awards as South America’s leading culinary destination for several years.